Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spelling bee

This afternoon I participated in the "Spell it right" contest at school.

I had 3 objectives to accomplish, that was:
1. To not let him (if you know who am I talking about) win. (He would only hurt her when she sees him standing at the stage)
2. To learn more in vocabulary and spelling.
3. To win.

It's individual and we had to spell the words orally. So tough for me, because I had to think and spell it letter by letter, at least if I wrote I could correct them when I felt they're wrong.

He was eliminated quite early. Objective 1 completed.

So who's the winner? There were 3 places, 1st place 2nd place 3rd place. 2 girls and 1 BOY won them. Hehehe.

But they're all Malays.

That means I didn't win! Dammit. Objective 3 FAILED.

A bit disappointed. Yalah I admit I was quite disappointed. I failed because of the long long word: underprivileged. I spelled it as underpriviledge.

Last time it was passenger (which I spelled as passanger), this time it was underprivileged. Last time I'd obtained 6th place, this time 5th place. No prize given both times but still I have improved.

At least I learned how to spell a few words, but the competition didn't increase my vocab. I knew all the meaning of the words. I know the meaning of diarhoea and even know how to spell it, because I kena before. Haha.

Objective 2: Completed (sort of).

I made a good decision of walking back home by foot, because it calmed me down. I just live 2-3km away from the school, but it took me 30 something minutes to reach home. And I was sweating profusely too because I wore a T-shirt underneath my shirt because it was cold in the morning. I enjoyed the sweating nevertheless. I seldom sweat.

Whatever. I will be in for the next year's spelling contest!